David Rutley MP visited Puss Bank!
Mr Rutley visited on Friday 14th July. He presented certificates in assembly and addressed KS2 children and staff. Later, he met privately with Year 6 and the School Council who asked him about his life as an MP.
Our review of the school year 2016-2017!!!
It's been a busy year at Puss Bank School and we wanted to share some of favourite moments:
- Selling poppies for the British Legion
- Making E-Safety videos
- Making a Peace Day photo montage on the playground taken from the roof( see our RRSA page)
- Year 4 supported Macclesfield War Graves Project- visiting the cemetery to clean graves, the library to research the lives of our soldiers and joined the Lord Mayor on Armistice Day at the Town Hall.
- Being entrepreneurs at the Christmas Fair!
- Meeting Martin Russell from UNICEF and telling him all about being a Rights Respecting School
- Y6 loved their trip to Dovedale
- Steve and Jane Clare from Traidcraft visited us again and shared with Year 5 just how important Fairtrade is!
- We raised money for the Toilet Twinning.org and the Student Council chose to build toilets in The Republic of Congo, Pakistan, Guatemala and Cambodia- we decided that
- Y4 loved their trip to Tattenhall
- We had an amazing school 'general election' - Year 6 hosted hustings and had 4 parties for the rest of the school to vote for! Yellow party led by Mia won the majority.
- We won the rounders league
- We had a KS2 rounders tournament- everyone was involved and Blue team won!
- We had Battle of the Choirs and Year 5 and Year 2 won.
- Y2 loved their trip to Beeston!
- David Rutley MP visited us and we grilled him!
- Ben Smith visited us- he ran 401 marathons and campaigned for anti-bullying- he is an inspiration to us all.
- Student Council ran a cake sale for Toilet Twinning and school fund.
- The year 6 play was amazing!!!!!!!
- The Summer Fair was a huge success
- .....and Sports Day didn't get rained off!!
Student Council 2016-2017
||Betsy, Matthew, Daisy and Harvey
||Amelia, Oscar, Anya and Zach
||Abbi, Luke, Rubi and Archie
||Kwan, Chris, Katie and Archie
The KS2 Student Council meet on Tuesday mornings in Mrs Smith's classroom. You can speak to any of them if you want us to discuss something at a meeting.
Our School Council represents the views of all our pupils. It gives children the opportunity to make their voices heard and feel part of the whole school community.
UNCRC Article 12- Every child has the right to say what they think in all matters affecting them, and to have their views taken seriously.
Puss Bank School Student Council 2015-2016
This year we organised the Poppy Appeal, Children in Need, we had an ice pop sale, we organised the Bring and Buy Sale for UNICEF Day for Change, we ran a stall for the Summer Fair selling water bottles and we went to London to visit the Houses of Parliament and meet David Rutley MP for Macclesfield.