Fairtrade Fortnight at Puss Bank School:
In the school year 2019-2020 we have done the following things to promote Fairtrade:
- At the Harvest Festival held at St. Paul's Church we gave a presentation about why we should give thanks to the Fairtrade farmers around the world. We explained how Fairtrade farmers
- At the Christmas fair we had a visit from our Traidcraft friends Steve and Jane Clare - they brought their stall with them and sold gorgeous products sourced from Fairtrade farmers and suppliers.
- During Fairtrade fortnight Year 5 were taught about Fairtrade and how farmers lives around the world have been transformed for the better by joining Fairtrade co-operatives.
- Year 5 baked Smartie cookies and Tiffin made with Fairtrade products.
- We had a Fairtrade Tea and Coffee morning to promote Fairtrade in our school community and raised £90 for Traidcraft from donations.
- We had a bake sale at the tea and coffee morning and raised £90 for Traidcraft.
- We took part in the Macclesfield Town Fairtrade Poster competition during Fairtrade fortnight. Ollie, Amelia, Pola and Rylan's posters were on display at the Macclesfield Library.