WELCOME TO RECEPTION!
Ourselves and Festivals
Our topic is 'Ourselves and Festivals'. We will be talking about ourselves, our families and our friends. Later in the term, we think and find out about festivals special to us, including Diwali and Christmas.
What are we doing this half term?
This half term we will be looking at the story of 'The Three Little Pigs'. We will be focusing on joining in with repeated refrains within the story. We will be practising our concepts of prints, for example finding the title, turning pages one at a time and finding where we start to read. We also talk about the characters and settings in the story. We begin our mark-making by drawing and labelling. Just like the three little pigs, we will create our own house, writing lists of tools, materials and labelling our creations.
In maths, we will be exploring Numberland. Each number has a character and a home, with a garden. We develop a thorough understanding of each number. We will begin to develop patterns and connections as we meet each number in turn. On a daily basis, we will count in order, understanding the ordinal number system (every number has its place in the counting order). We will begin to practise writing our numbers.
- PE will be on a Friday (inside). Children to come to school in school uniform and bring in a PE kit to keep here.
- Reading meeting- 20th September 2023, 5:45pm-6:30pm.
- Share a book- 7th October 2022. An opportunity to come into school and share a book with your child- flyer to follow.
- Our Autumn Walk trip will be on R1MP Tuesday 3rd October 9.15 am, R1W Tuesday 3rd October 1.15 pm and R1W Wednesday 4th October 9.15 am. Please ensure that you have returned your permission slip.
- Harvest Singalong- R1W Wednesday 18th October 9.15 am, R1MP Thursday 19th October 9.15 am and R1PW Thursday 19th October 2.45 pm.
- INSET- 29th September 2023.
- Parents evenings- 1st and 2nd November 2023.
At Puss Bank School and Nursery, we use the phonic scheme Little Wandle Revised Letters and Sounds to teach phonics.
Please follow the link here to gain access to the Little Wandle Parent Information section on their website.
Phase 2 Grapheme information sheet
Remember to email if you have any concerns or worries:-
Miss Williams - R1W.email@example.com
Mrs Mallett - R1MP.firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs Walsh and Miss Parton- R1WP.email@example.com